Location Montreal, Canada
Posting type Full Time
The Operations Coordinator in the employ of Trans-Pro Logistics is the public face and liaison to carriers, suppliers, and other vendors of the Company in it’s pursuit of sales and income from all facets of its business as a third party logistics provider.
An Operations Coordinator’s duties include but are not limited to:
- To enable the sales team to focus on selling by taking care of the administration of contracts (drafting and sending contracts, uploading and collection of confirmations, etc).
- To negotiate rates and book all carriers and suppliers for contracts at a profit.
- To research the best available rates on the market
- To research market rates and keep abreast of and monitor changes.
- To find, attract, and manage relationships with carriers and suppliers that are particular to each and every account.
- To communicate effectively and be a conduit for operations information for their team
- To keep their team mentally sharp and focused.
- On call 24/7 to respond to carrier requests whether by telephone or email
Necessary skills to succeed:
- Excellent English language skills
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of the industry (asset)
- Spanish and/or French (assets)
Interested by this opening?
Join Us for a Career in Logistics
The field of transportation logistics never stops evolving, and that’s why we’re always looking for talented and dedicated individuals to fill our transportation logistics jobs. As a member of Trans-Pro’s team of logistics professionals, you’ll be joining a leading provider of logistics solutions that takes employee well-being seriously.
"*" indicates required fields